From: only on
I am trying to insert video and display it i used this function
mov = aviread('filename');
but the video didn't appear.
how can i get frames from it to use it in motion detection.
From: Nathan on
On Mar 31, 10:41 am, "only " <only_love_...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to insert video and display it i used this function
> mov = aviread('filename');
> but the video didn't appear.
> how can i get frames from it to use it in motion detection.

Did you read the documentation? If you want to view the movie, you
have to use another command.

"mov = aviread(filename) reads the AVI movie filename into the MATLAB
movie structure mov. If filename does not include an extension,
then .avi is used. Use the movie function to view the movie mov."

-Nathan
From: Walter Roberson on
only wrote:
> I am trying to insert video and display it i used this function mov =
> aviread('filename');
> but the video didn't appear.
> how can i get frames from it to use it in motion detection.

The frames are mov(1).cdata, mov(2).cdata, mov(3).cdata, and so on.
There may also be a per-frame colormap. See the documentation for aviread()
for details.

To play a movie once you have it read in, use movie(mov) where mov is the
variable you assigned the data to.