From: mc on
I'm trying to install an ATI x1300 video card in my SFF gx280. I
changed the bios to the onboard chip, but after installing the card I
have no video. Is it best to leave the bios on auto, install the
drivers, shut down and then install the card?
mc
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/21/2010 5:28 PM, mc wrote:
> I'm trying to install an ATI x1300 video card in my SFF gx280. I
> changed the bios to the onboard chip, but after installing the card I
> have no video. Is it best to leave the bios on auto, install the
> drivers, shut down and then install the card?
> mc

Yes, BIOS on auto is best. But install the card, put the video cable
onto the ATI card's connector and then install the drivers. Otherwise
the ATI drivers will not install at all. Same as most other drivers,
which depend on the presence of the hardware to install correctly... Ben
Myers
From: mc on
On Jun 21, 11:02 pm, Ben Myers <ben_my...(a)charter.net> wrote:
> On 6/21/2010 5:28 PM, mc wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install an ATI x1300 video card in my SFF gx280. I
> > changed the bios to the onboard chip, but after installing the card I
> > have no video. Is it best to leave the bios on auto, install the
> > drivers, shut down and then install the card?
> > mc
>
> Yes, BIOS on auto is best.  But install the card, put the video cable
> onto the ATI card's connector and then install the drivers.  Otherwise
> the ATI drivers will not install at all.  Same as most other drivers,
> which depend on the presence of the hardware to install correctly... Ben
> Myers

Thanks Ben, that worked..
mc