From: Vlade on
I used NI Vision Development 7.1.1 and NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras to develop my Labview USB Webcam application. Now the application is ready to be tested on the target PC, which doesn't have Labview or NI Vision Development.

Which vision components should be installed on target PC?

(I tried installing NI IMAQ from installation CD and NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras - error pops up looking for ImaqDirectShowDll.dll)

Thanks

Vlade
From: rolfk on
Vlade wrote:I used NI Vision
Development 7.1.1 and NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras to develop my Labview USB
Webcam application. Now the application is ready to be tested on the
target PC, which doesn't have Labview or NI Vision Development.   Which vision components should be installed on target PC?   (I tried installing NI IMAQ from installation CD and NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras - error pops up looking for ImaqDirectShowDll.dll) Actually
NI IMAQ Vision needs a runtime license in order to be distrubutable to
other computers. It is a runtime license per installation so can get
expensive fast. If you order the NI Vision Runtime Deployment license
you can choose between a license only and a package which includes the
doployment engine installation CD Rom.

Reading the documentation on that CD Rom should give you enough
information as to how to distribute your IMAQ Vision application.

Rolf Kalbermatter
From: Vlade on
Thanks Rolf,

We have a contract with NI for deployment licenses, which starts with the first software release.

I will have to talk to our local NI representative to get licenses and support.

In the meantime, I wanted to deploy 1 free target license that comes with Development package - looks like that will have to wait for sales person too.

Thank you

Vladimir