From: GSA on
Hi,
I was trying to install the tclxml/3.2 and went through
http://tclxml.sourceforge.net/tclxml/3.2/README.html#installation.
But am really confused on wat is it that I have to do to install
this.
I have ActiveTcl8.4.19.0.285137 installed on my windows XP system. As
per instruction, I understood that I must just follow the
instructions
below:
*****************
Pure-Tcl Installation
no compilation required
Run the configure script and invoke the command:
make install
If the pure-Tcl parser is good enough for you, then read no further.
****************************
not sure if I must run the shell script 'configure' here. Also, what
does it mean with 'invoke the command: make install'?
According to my understanding I dont need to build/install libxml by
downloading libxml2 from xmlsoft.org . Please clarify
Thanks in advance,
GSA
From: Harald Oehlmann on
On 11 Nov., 09:29, GSA <gsa....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to install the tclxml/3.2 and went throughhttp://tclxml.sourceforge.net/tclxml/3.2/README.html#installation.
> According to my understanding I dont need to build/install libxml by
> downloading libxml2 from xmlsoft.org . Please clarify

I have tried tclxml early this year:
- tcl-only implementation has many drawbacks, I remember only one:
- no BOM recognition for UTF files
- I did not manage to build the binary version on Windows.
The depending libraries (libxml2...) are IMHO compiled with
difficult options, so I stopped
- I was told, there is a compiled version on teapot. If you use
activestate TCL, you should be able to install it easily
(if you are on a supported platform I believe)
- I switched to tdom - worked very well for me, binaries available
(also via teapot)
Hope this helps,
Harald
From: GSA on
On Nov 12, 7:59 pm, Harald Oehlmann <wortka...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> On 11 Nov., 09:29, GSA <gsa....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was trying to install the tclxml/3.2 and went throughhttp://tclxml.sourceforge.net/tclxml/3.2/README.html#installation.
> > According to my understanding I dont need to build/install libxml by
> > downloading libxml2 from xmlsoft.org . Please clarify
>
> I have tried tclxml early this year:
> - tcl-only implementation has many drawbacks, I remember only one:
>   - no BOM recognition for UTF files
> - I did not manage to build the binary version on Windows.
>   The depending libraries (libxml2...) are IMHO compiled with
> difficult options, so I stopped
> - I was told, there is a compiled version on teapot. If you use
> activestate TCL, you should be able to install it easily
>   (if you are on a supported platform I believe)
> - I switched to tdom - worked very well for me, binaries available
> (also via teapot)
> Hope this helps,
> Harald

Can you please share the link? Tried this, but had some problems.

Thanks in advance