From: MaddoxX on
i tried to install windows xp service pack 3 back on my com is currently
windows vista.
When i click on the installer downloaded from msdnaa , they show is error
message
"The version of windows you have installed does not match the update you are
trying to install."

From: VanguardLH on
MaddoxX wrote:

> i tried to install windows xp service pack 3

Okay. So far so good.

> back on my com

"com"? You are on a battleship declaring "I have the com"?

> is currently windows vista.

So why were you asking about SP-3 for Windows XP? Decided to go off on a
tanget but neglect to bring us along for the ride?

> When i click on the installer downloaded from msdnaa ,

And what is the URL for a download of SP-3 for Windows XP that comes from an
"msdnaa" site? Or could you have meant MSDN? The SP-3 download comes from
Microsoft's download center at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4

> they show is error message "The version of windows you have installed does
> not match the update you are trying to install."

So you are trying to foist a service pack for Windows XP into an
installation of Windows Vista. Uh huh. "XP" looks like "Vista" to you?

The redness of your forehead after slapping it and spouting "Duh!" will pass
in a few minutes. Now go get the correct download for the correct OS.
From: philo on
MaddoxX wrote:
> i tried to install windows xp service pack 3 back on my com is currently
> windows vista.
> When i click on the installer downloaded from msdnaa , they show is
> error message
> "The version of windows you have installed does not match the update you
> are trying to install."

correct

you cannot install an XP serice pack
on Vista
From: LD55ZRA on

"Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> Why are you trying to install a Windows XP service pack on a Vista
> operating
> system?

It could be that you wanted him to screw up his system so that you can then
force him to buy Windows 7 which I am sure he doesn't need in the near
future as he has just bought Windows Vista system just under two years ago.

Does this answer your question?