From: archana on
Hi all,

can anyne tell me what instrumentation means? how to check if
instrumentation is enabled or disabled?

And how to disable instrumentation if it is enabled. when i deploy my
application, i only givees dlls of caching and configuration. my
client is getting lots of error in application event log whose source
is enterprise librrary instrumentation'

previously on clients system these dlls' were working properly
suddenly after deploying new build this problem occured.

can anyone tell why this is happening and solution for this other
thatn installutil.

thanks in advance.
From: Andy O'Neill on

"archana" <trialproduct2004(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> can anyne tell me what instrumentation means? how to check if
> instrumentation is enabled or disabled?
>
> And how to disable instrumentation if it is enabled. when i deploy my
> application, i only givees dlls of caching and configuration. my
> client is getting lots of error in application event log whose source
> is enterprise librrary instrumentation'
>

> previously on clients system these dlls' were working properly
> suddenly after deploying new build this problem occured.
>
> can anyone tell why this is happening and solution for this other
> thatn installutil.
>
> thanks in advance.

I guess, this is an application you inherited off someone else.

For instrumentation think car dashboard.
The log output is intended to be equivalent to the red light comes on
warning about low oil.

Different versions of EL have instrumentation on or off by default.
I would guess you maybe switched versions without realising it.
Maybe between developers.
I think later versions of EL control this by config rather than compile.
So your answer lies in some difference between configs, EL versions and how
you compiled the old version compared to the new.

EL is a subject of itself .
I think you probably are best doing some further reading if you need to
support this product long term.
Treating it like a black box is unwise IMO.