From: nicol on
hi
i have a problem with interface plz help me
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace ConsoleApplication6
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
}
}
}
public interface Ishape
{
double masahat();
double mohit();
}
public class point : Ishape
{
private double radiuse;
public point()
{
}
public point(int radiuse_value)
{
Radiuse = radiuse_value;
}
public double Radiuse
{
get
{
return radiuse;
}
set
{
radiuse = value;
}
}
public override double masahat() //*******here has error*****
{
}
}
From: Willem van Rumpt on
On 14-6-2010 15:55, nicol wrote:
> hi
> i have a problem with interface plz help me
> using System;
> using System.Collections.Generic;
> using System.Linq;
> using System.Text;
>
> namespace ConsoleApplication6
> {
> class Program
> {
> static void Main(string[] args)
> {
> }
> }
> }
> public interface Ishape
> {
> double masahat();
> double mohit();
> }
> public class point : Ishape
> {
> private double radiuse;
> public point()
> {
> }
> public point(int radiuse_value)
> {
> Radiuse = radiuse_value;
> }
> public double Radiuse
> {
> get
> {
> return radiuse;
> }
> set
> {
> radiuse = value;
> }
> }
> public override double masahat() //*******here has error*****
> {
> }
> }

Because there's nothing to override, only to implement.
Write the method as

public double masahat()
{
}

and you're good.

btw:
if this is your actual code, then your next error message will be that
your class doesn't implement method "mohit" of the Ishape interface.

--
Willem van Rumpt
From: nicol on
On Jun 14, 6:34 pm, Willem van Rumpt <wdotvandotrumpt(a)skoutsoftdotcom>
wrote:
> On 14-6-2010 15:55, nicol wrote:
>

> > hi
> > i have a problem with interface plz help me
> > using System;
> > using System.Collections.Generic;
> > using System.Linq;
> > using System.Text;
>
> > namespace ConsoleApplication6
> > {
> >      class Program
> >      {
> >          static void Main(string[] args)
> >          {
> >          }
> >      }
> > }
> > public interface Ishape
> > {
> >      double masahat();
> >      double mohit();
> > }
> > public class point : Ishape
> > {
> >      private double radiuse;
> >      public point()
> >      {
> >      }
> >      public point(int radiuse_value)
> >      {
> >          Radiuse = radiuse_value;
> >      }
> >      public double  Radiuse
> >      {
> >          get
> >          {
> >              return radiuse;
> >          }
> >          set
> >          {
> >              radiuse = value;
> >          }
> >      }
> >      public override double masahat()  //*******here has error*****
> >      {
> >      }
> > }
>
> Because there's nothing to override, only to implement.
> Write the method as
>
> public double masahat()
> {
>
> }
>
> and you're good.
>
> btw:
> if this is your actual code, then your next error message will be that
> your class doesn't implement method "mohit" of the Ishape interface.
>
> --
>    Willem van Rumpt

thanks the error solved with your help . but i really don't know
where i must use override ?
From: Peter Duniho on
nicol wrote:
> thanks the error solved with your help . but i really don't know
> where i must use override ?

Amazingly enough, the MSDN web site, to which I referred you earlier,
provides the information you seek:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ebca9ah3.aspx

I wasn't kidding before. You will find your C# programming activities
go a lot more smoothly if you would learn to look things up on MSDN.

Pete
From: J.B. Moreno on
nicol <nicol.young20(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks the error solved with your help . but i really don't know
> where i must use override ?

Look at the word "override". That implies that there's an existing
implementation that you do NOT want to use in this case, that you want
to OVERRIDE.

Which means it is never going to apply to an interface, which is all
definition and no implementation (at least in the interface itself).

--
J.B. Moreno