From: lc on
Is it possible to express the inversion of an incomplete elliptic
integral of second kind by means of Jacobi elliptic functions (or Jacobi
theta functions)?
thanks
From: David W. Cantrell on
lc <none(a)nowhe.re> wrote:
> Is it possible to express the inversion of an incomplete elliptic
> integral of second kind by means of Jacobi elliptic functions (or Jacobi
> theta functions)?

I would be interested in an answer to your question also.

But in lieu of a definitive answer, you might be interested in my response
in a previous thread, "Inverting elliptic integrals", at
<http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.research/msg/0942e7ec17fe39b7>. In
particular, if you look at my "liitle [sic] experiment", you'll see why one
might suspect that the answer to your question is "No".

Best regards,
David W. Cantrell