From: dominik lenn� on
So, to sum up the answers, working in user account is helpful, but no
guarantee against anything, kind of gradual improvement.

I wonder if it at least makes it easier to remove the thing, should it have
succeeded to install itself.

From: FromTheRafters on
"dominik lenn�" <dlenne(a)web.de> wrote in message
> So, to sum up the answers, working in user account is helpful, but no
> guarantee against anything, kind of gradual improvement.

No, it is *very* helpful (still no guarantee).

> I wonder if it at least makes it easier to remove the thing, should it
> have succeeded to install itself.

In order for it to "install itself" it has to have the admin
credentials. If you or your software allow some malware to execute in a
normal user account, it doesn't have the power to install itself in most
cases. If something does indeed get installed, having a user account has
no effect on removability. The thing is, if admin gets tainted - you're
SOL, if your standard user account gets tainted, it may interfere with
your ability to remove it as a user, but you can still go to admin and
erradicate the beast from there. Malware installed by admin can thwart
attempts to use "System Restore" or "Safe Mode" which are both handy
tools to be able to use. Malware installed as a user cannot (by design)
affect other user accounts (especially admin).