From: Peter Foldes on
LOL. Where can I get that spiel chucker that ur using

--
Peter

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

"The operating systems Windows 95/98/Me/NT4 will be supported until the end of 2009. "

Which, BTW, isn't very far off - LOL :-)

--
Dave

From: MEB on
On 11/21/2009 06:54 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

> "The operating systems Windows 95/98/Me/NT4 will be supported until the end of 2009. "
>
> Which, BTW, isn't very far off - LOL :-)

A re-print from win98.gen_discussion per AVAST updates related to Win9X:
Quote ---

Hello,

sorry but no good news. Basically it means no support and no program
updates for this OS, but virus updates till the end of 2010. So I think
that 1 year license may still work for you in this case.

Best regards,

ALWIL Software a.s. support team

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: ZTS-932850
Department: [ENG] Technical support

---------------------------------
--- End Quote

How reliable that information is remains to be seen.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
> From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

> "The operating systems Windows 95/98/Me/NT4 will be supported until
> the end of 2009. "

After that what ... install it on XP and emulate these relics?

> Which, BTW, isn't very far off - LOL :-)

Ah...so there's still time... :o) I'll warm up th' car an' go get th'
Wintel7 so's I can emulate 95a on it and run Wolverine.

Well, put that way, it sounds kinda silly - like using 256 bit at rest
encryption, and setting your password to "fluffy".

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
:o)

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> LOL. Where can I get that spiel chucker that ur using
>
> --
> Peter

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> Ur OS mks it so tht ne amnt o RAM it nds is avlbl as vrtul mmry.
>>
>> So i gss ur OK on tht score.
>>
>> "knightwarrior007" <knightwarrior007.41zmnb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in
>> message news:knightwarrior007.41zmnb(a)DoNotSpam.com...
>>>
>>> frns !
>>>
>>> i have only 512 MB of RAM.. Some said avast consumes a huge
>>> RAM memory.. is that so ??
>>>
>>> planning to use avast home edition 4 ( free antivirus ) ??
>>>
>>> plz suggest !!
>>>
>>> thank u :)
>>>

>>> --
>>> knightwarrior007