From: David Mark on
Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Thomas Allen wrote:
>>> I'm delighted to see that it is now available open source.
>>
>> That doesn't seem to be the case. Note that Math.ceil occurs twice in
>> the source, in mylib-qsa-min.js and mylib-min.js. Of course one would
>> be foolish to believe, as seen in trunk, that mylib-qsa-min.js is in
>> fact derived from mylib-qsa.js, the former weighing 159kb and the
>> latter 3.5kb.
>
> Well, at least some of it is open source. I hope David will respond
> soon to this.

Use the builder. Sorry for any confusion. I will add some more
verbiage to the Downloads page to explain this.
From: Thomas Allen on
On Mar 19, 11:28 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Allen wrote:
> > Note that Math.ceil occurs twice in
> > the source, in mylib-qsa-min.js and mylib-min.js.
>
> So?  Those are the same, except one has the QSA add-on tacked on.

What I was implying is that if those calls only occur in the minified
files, some of the original source code must be absent.

> Still, I don't see what this has to do with...  Oh wait, yes I do.  Use
> the builder...  :)

Will you open-source the builder and document the build process so
that others may use it themselves, possibly improving upon it?

Thomas
From: David Mark on
Thomas Allen wrote:
> On Mar 19, 11:28 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thomas Allen wrote:
>>> Note that Math.ceil occurs twice in
>>> the source, in mylib-qsa-min.js and mylib-min.js.
>> So? Those are the same, except one has the QSA add-on tacked on.
>
> What I was implying is that if those calls only occur in the minified
> files, some of the original source code must be absent.

It is and it isn't. It's not in the repository (though it will be once
I cut a release). But you can get every bit of it from the Builder. Or
just click the handy "Build Test" link in the TOC and then click
"Download". ;)

>> Still, I don't see what this has to do with... Oh wait, yes I do. Use
>> the builder... :)
>
> Will you open-source the builder and document the build process so
> that others may use it themselves, possibly improving upon it?

Possibly in the future. It's all ASP/VBS, so I don't know how many
people would really be interested in it. I've got to figure some smart
(or snoopy) eggs out there have much of it already as I accidentally
uploaded the master file (mylib.js) with all of the server side
directives a few weeks ago (deleted today). For now, pay no attention
to the bot behind the curtain. :)
From: Ivan S on
On Mar 19, 5:07 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> It's all ASP/VBS, so I don't know how many people would really be interested in it.

I think it won't be a problem to port it to PHP. :)
From: Thomas Allen on
On Mar 19, 12:41 pm, Ivan S <ivan.sku...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 5:07 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's all ASP/VBS, so I don't know how many people would really be interested in it.
>
> I think it won't be a problem to port it to PHP. :)

Probably Python or Perl, as they're distributed with most Unix OS'
these days. And this is what I mean about open-sourcing: It will allow
others to make the software more accessible, and to meet needs the
original author didn't anticipate (OK, that's enough RMS for now).

Thomas
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: question of logic?