From: David Mark on
Ivan S wrote:
> On Mar 19, 7:33 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ivan, if you want to do it, you know I'll help out.
>
> Yes, sure, but I don't have time until middle of April. If people show
> some interest, I can to it then.

Sounds good to me. As per the forum discussions, I have a few things to
wrap up before the official release.

>> The back-end is a bit of piffle.
>
> I agree. But maybe there are use cases where people would find it
> useful.

I suppose you never know. There seems to be a groundswell of interest
in it of late. Every week is a new record for traffic, lately doubling
from one week to the next. If that keeps up, I'm going to need a (much)
better host account. :)
From: Ivan S on
On Mar 21, 12:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ivan S wrote:
> > On Mar 19, 7:33 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ivan, if you want to do it, you know I'll help out.
>
> > Yes, sure, but I don't have time until middle of April. If people show
> > some interest, I can to it then.

"I can do it then." - tip-feller

> I suppose you never know.  There seems to be a groundswell of interest
> in it of late.  Every week is a new record for traffic, lately doubling
> from one week to the next.  If that keeps up, I'm going to need a (much)
> better host account.  :)

That's great! I hope more and more people will start using it, post
their examples, report bugs and help in other ways! :)
From: David Mark on
Ivan S wrote:
> On Mar 21, 12:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ivan S wrote:
>>> Yes, sure, but I don't have time until middle of April. If people show
>>> some interest, I can to it then.
>
> "I can do it then." - tip-feller
>
>> I suppose you never know. There seems to be a groundswell of interest
>> in it of late. Every week is a new record for traffic, lately doubling
>> from one week to the next. If that keeps up, I'm going to need a (much)
>> better host account. :)
>
> That's great! I hope more and more people will start using it, post
> their examples, report bugs and help in other ways! :)

It's going to take time, but if the server logs are any indicator,
people are starting to dig it. I really do need to beef up the
documentation considerably though. I'm working on too many things at
once at the moment. :)

Speaking of examples, the Examples page is much improved as of today.
If people look at the tiny bits of calling code and the example add-ons
(some of which are really only useful as examples), I think experienced
programmers can put it together fairly easily, but I know I need to
provide more (and better) explanations to reach the novices.

Thanks again for all of your help!
From: Hans-Georg Michna on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:26:44 +1100, Andrew Poulos wrote:

>On 19/03/2010 9:59 AM, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

>> I think it is time to write a new version of jQuery, a competing
>> product whose functional expressions are at least as elegant as
>> jQuery's, but which is leaner and works better. Good
>> documentation would also help. jQuery's is too superficial and
>> imprecise.

>David Mark has a superior "product" called My Library
><url: http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib.html >

What does it do?

Hans-Georg
From: David Mark on
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:26:44 +1100, Andrew Poulos wrote:
>
>> On 19/03/2010 9:59 AM, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
>
>>> I think it is time to write a new version of jQuery, a competing
>>> product whose functional expressions are at least as elegant as
>>> jQuery's, but which is leaner and works better. Good
>>> documentation would also help. jQuery's is too superficial and
>>> imprecise.
>
>> David Mark has a superior "product" called My Library
>> <url: http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib.html >
>
> What does it do?

More like what doesn't it do? :) The currently popular jQuery is 70K+
minified (disregard their GZIP pimping). The build of My Library used
on my new Examples page is the same size. The full build, which
includes Flash, audio, drag and drop, queries and a truly elegant OO
interface (not a $ factory function that returns the same ham-fisted
object for all abstractions) is about twice that. Their stuff falls
apart every time a new browser comes out. Mine doesn't. You do the
math. ;)
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: question of logic?