From: David Mark on
On Jan 25, 7:05 pm, "D.Campagna" <retsamt...(a)danielecampagna.co.cc>
wrote:
> Scott Sauyet ha scritto:
>

> > Face it. I called your bluff.
>
> > You started this off with the following:
>
> > | And take a guess which is faster. Rather, don't guess but try the
> > | the Speed Test. The "do everything" cross-browser script that
> > | doesn't need dozens of dubious plug-ins is much faster than the
> > | "optimized" (more like lobotomized) script.
>
> > I went and looked at your speed test, which pairs old versions of the
> > other libraries with your latest and greatest. When I compare yours
> > with the recent versions of these scripts, your claims were not
> > substantiated. Or -- excuse me, maybe I misunderstood -- did you
> > perhaps mean to imply that My Library is the lobotomized script?
>
> > Trying to bury this in post after post of results that don't reinforce
> > your claims only serves to obfuscate.the issue. If there is something
> > wrong with these two slickspeed tests, please let us know:
>
> Scott,
> thanks for the time you invested in this review.

Review?

> We all know the way DM tries to promote himself and his work and how he
> is used to argue with the unfortunates who try to exchange opinions with
> him.

What does that mean? Seriously.

> So, no need to waste your time discussing with a person that in fact
> probably has never had a genuine exchange of opinions in his life,
> conceiving discussions as an exercice of one-way communication and total
> distortion of what others say.

No, more like you are rambling on about nothing. :(

> I knew the man is somewhat obfuscated by his attitude and his
> presumption, but this stupid thing to compare old versions of the major
> libraries is so ridicolous I was really laughing while reading.

Then how bad are your reading skills? Go back and re-read it or get
somebody to read it to you. :)

> The entire thing is so pathetic and ridicolous that should never have
> been even discussed in a serious technical forum.

What is pathetic and ridiculous? The two-year-old speed test page
with the two-year-old libraries? It's now been updated with newer
versions. But, as discussed, those tests are nowhere near as
illuminating (despite the fact that My Library beats them handily
too).

> Strange enough, nobody
> here ever noticed such biased tests were in place, even if Mr. Mark
> often bragged about the speed of his library et. al.

Are you insane? That selector test page has sat in the same spot,
unchanged for two years and I never even mentioned it. When I talk
about speed, I am talking about things other than queries.

> Sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people here are very tolerant
> to Mr. Mark.

What does that mean?

> I come back to my habit to lurk this NG; I suppose many other do the
> same. I oly wanted to make it clear, I appreciate this thread...

Too bad you got nothing out of it. :(

> > Bluff called.
>
> > -- Scott
>
> He'll never become rich with poker, I think :-)

No, he won't. ;)
From: Hans-Georg Michna on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:34:28 -0500, David Mark wrote:

>Questions?

Yes. I can't find any documentation on what exactly the
functions do. Is that still in the works?

Hans-Georg
From: D.Campagna on
David Mark ha scritto:

>> Scott,
>> thanks for the time you invested in this review.
>
> Review?

Test? Comment? Whatever. English is not my first language.

>> We all know the way DM tries to promote himself and his work and how he
>> is used to argue with the unfortunates who try to exchange opinions with
>> him.
>
> What does that mean? Seriously.

Minimize or ignore criticism aimed at you; insult people, distort facts
and words. You caused the runaway of many decent persons from this
newsgroup, too. And you are banned from some other newsgroups. And you
in the past have faked your name to support yourself and your library.
And so on. Seriously.

>> The entire thing is so pathetic and ridicolous that should never have
>> been even discussed in a serious technical forum.
>
> What is pathetic and ridiculous? The two-year-old speed test page
> with the two-year-old libraries? It's now been updated with newer

From now on, maybe it's not still ridicolous. But it was!

>> Strange enough, nobody
>> here ever noticed such biased tests were in place, even if Mr. Mark
>> often bragged about the speed of his library et. al.
>
> Are you insane? That selector test page has sat in the same spot,
> unchanged for two years and I never even mentioned it. When I talk
> about speed, I am talking about things other than queries.

And if you are addressing people to your homepage and there they will
find that bullshit, this is what you have done, no more and no less.

>> Sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people here are very tolerant
>> to Mr. Mark.
>
> What does that mean?

It seems you have some supporters, after all. Not proud of it?

>> I come back to my habit to lurk this NG; I suppose many other do the
>> same. I oly wanted to make it clear, I appreciate this thread...
>
> Too bad you got nothing out of it. :(

To be fair: I began to understand something about javascript when I
first stumped into this newsgroup.
And you too teached me something, among your rants. The same way one
learns how to properly use a hammer after having beaten his finger, I
would add. :-)

Oh and I tried your library months ago, and apparently I found
immediately a small insignificant bug in the graphical effects test
page. Insignificant, but...

Regards,
Dan
From: Andrew Poulos on
On 28/01/2010 11:31 AM, D.Campagna wrote:
> David Mark ha scritto:

>>> Sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people here are very tolerant
>>> to Mr. Mark.
>>
>> What does that mean?
>
> It seems you have some supporters, after all. Not proud of it?

I think you misunderstand. Being able to see the worth in what someone
is saying does not mean that a judgement has been made on the worth of
the person themselves.

Though postings (such as yours) whose purpose appear to cause injury, do
tend to say something about the poster.

Andrew Poulos
From: Faisal Vali on
On Jan 27, 7:56 pm, Andrew Poulos <ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> What does that mean?
>
> > It seems you have some supporters, after all. Not proud of it?
>
> I think you misunderstand. Being able to see the worth in what someone
> is saying does not mean that a judgement has been made on the worth of
> the person themselves.
>
> Though postings (such as yours) whose purpose appear to cause injury, do
> tend to say something about the poster.

As does the above statement, and therefore I guess this one too.
Perhaps we all need to reign our sanctimony in a little ;)