From: RobG on
On Jul 8, 1:09 am, William Gill <nos...(a)domain.invalid> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks Rob, and everyone.  Good starting point.  The DOM core refs I
> have, though searchable (pdf) didn't help too much.

The W3C DOM specs take a bit of getting used to, they are segmented so
you have to learn what features are in which specification, such as
what is in Core and what is in HTML. And of course there is not always
a 1:1 realtionship between old and new specs.

--
Rob
From: Eric Bednarz on
RobG <rgqld(a)iinet.net.au> writes:

[Thunderbird]

> Anyhow, I find it pretty useless as a news reader and there aren't any
> others worth using on Mac OS. Perhaps I'll switch to a Windows-based
> agent.

Gnus runs – unsurprisingly – fine on OS X, and I cannot think of any
news agent that comes even remotely close to its features (if you don't
like running Emacs in Terminal.app, and especially if you are more
familiar with OS X than Emacs, have a look at Aquamacs).

From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-07-08 11:21 AM, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
> In comp.lang.javascript message<i10fc7$el$1(a)news.eternal-
> september.org>, Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:48:22, Garrett Smith
> <dhtmlkitchen(a)gmail.com> posted:

[...]

> The Notes are not posted here for review, and should not be considered
> as being part of the collective FAQ.
>
> The FAQ proper should include, not just link to, the content of
> <http://www.jibbering.com/faq/notes/>.

I agree that including notes in daily postings is a good idea. I do not
agree that they should be inline in the HTML version of the FAQ.

The process for formatting the notes entails using an HTML parser and
formatting the result as text.

The difficulty with including the notes pages is that they are in HTML
and the problem with that is that it requires completely different
parsing than the FAQ. Instead, I am going to post up for review on the
notes in separate threads, one for each.

--
Garrett
From: Garrett Smith on

Should be:
--
Garrett
From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <i1itco$so4$1(a)news.eternal-
september.org>, Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:38:05, Garrett Smith
<dhtmlkitchen(a)gmail.com> posted:

>On 2010-07-08 11:21 AM, Dr J R Stockton wrote:

>> The Notes are not posted here for review, and should not be considered
>> as being part of the collective FAQ.
>>
>> The FAQ proper should include, not just link to, the content of
>> <http://www.jibbering.com/faq/notes/>.
>>
>I agree that including notes in daily postings is a good idea. I do not
>agree that they should be inline in the HTML version of the FAQ.

My "the content of <http://www.jibbering.com/faq/notes/>" above means
the content of that page. It does not mean any more than that; it does
not mean the whole set of notes.

It comprises a mere 19 lines as displayed; ignoring head, tail, comment,
and blank lines, just 52 lines of loosely-formatted source; 1637
characters, or 1165 without leading spaces. That's not a lot.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk BP7, Delphi 3 & 2006.
<URL:http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ.htm> clpdmFAQ;