From: Thomas Allen on
On Mar 26, 2:20 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Allen wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 11:51 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Looking at the first script:-
>
> >> (function(){var _jQuery=window.jQuery,_$=window.$;var
> >> jQuery=window.jQuery=window. ...
>
> >> Sorry, no.
>
> > Why is that?
>
> Elementary.  I know what's in jQuery, which is highly suspect,
> ever-shifting nonsense.  Anything built atop such a faulty foundation
> will be susceptible to shaking and eventually falling apart.
> Furthermore, it speaks volumes about the judgment (or lack thereof) of
> the developers.  So no.  Just no.  ;)

But still, why is that "no"?

Thomas
From: johnwlockwood on
On Mar 26, 1:20 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Allen wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 11:51 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Looking at the first script:-
>
> >> (function(){var _jQuery=window.jQuery,_$=window.$;var
> >> jQuery=window.jQuery=window. ...
>
> >> Sorry, no.
>
> > Why is that?
>
> Elementary.  I know what's in jQuery, which is highly suspect,
> ever-shifting nonsense.  Anything built atop such a faulty foundation
> will be susceptible to shaking and eventually falling apart.
> Furthermore, it speaks volumes about the judgment (or lack thereof) of
> the developers.  So no.  Just no.  ;)

are you looking at http://www.ohloh.net/p/easyXDM/download?package=easyXDM
I didn't see any jQuery usage in there.

-John
From: Sean Kinsey on
easyXDM ( http://easyxdm.net/ ) does not rely on any other library,
its made a standalone project so as to not incur any unnecessary
bloat.

If you wan't to judge the source then its available at
http://github.com/oyvindkinsey/easyXDM/tree/master/src/
I wouldn't mind having some feedback on it :)

From: David Mark on
johnwlockwood wrote:
> On Mar 26, 1:20 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thomas Allen wrote:
>>> Why is that?
>> Elementary. I know what's in jQuery, which is highly suspect,
>> ever-shifting nonsense. Anything built atop such a faulty foundation
>> will be susceptible to shaking and eventually falling apart.
>> Furthermore, it speaks volumes about the judgment (or lack thereof) of
>> the developers. So no. Just no. ;)
>
> are you looking at http://www.ohloh.net/p/easyXDM/download?package=easyXDM
> I didn't see any jQuery usage in there.

I was looking at the only likely script on the previously cited site.
It may well have mashed up more than one thing (was obfuscated). Will
look at this one too...
From: David Mark on
Sean Kinsey wrote:
> easyXDM ( http://easyxdm.net/ ) does not rely on any other library,
> its made a standalone project so as to not incur any unnecessary
> bloat.

Oh good.

> If you wan't to judge the source then its available at
> http://github.com/oyvindkinsey/easyXDM/tree/master/src/
> I wouldn't mind having some feedback on it :)

Okay.