From: Kenneth Tilton on
Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <4c4385f1$0$22522$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>,
> Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am not a web application developer, I am changing the way kids
>> experience Algebra: http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> 1) What's with the non-standard scroll-bars?

Define "standard".

> 2) What's with all the keys with nothing on them in the typing tutorial?
>
> Firefox shows fewer blank keys than Safari but not many.

That's where I do raw HTML/CSS. :)

The keys are rendered by HTML generated by jsMath. I have an outstanding
issue I hope to defer in re the positioning done by jsMath, and if that
is in play the keys are being rendered outside the buttons. Or it could
be something to do with you likely not having jsMath fonts installed.

That said, I just checked FF, Chrome, and Safari on Windows and Mac and
Ubuntu, with and without installed jsMath fonts on the Mac, cannot recreate.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <4c4385f1$0$22522$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>,
> Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am not a web application developer, I am changing the way kids
>> experience Algebra: http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> 1) What's with the non-standard scroll-bars?
>
> 2) What's with all the keys with nothing on them in the typing tutorial?
>
> Firefox shows fewer blank keys than Safari but not many.

btw, if you click on any yellow area (it should turn white) and type the
keys: E = m c 2 does E=mc^2 appear? OK, or mostly off the top? If you
then click on a different yellow area does the formula shift vertically?

btw #2: Thx for the report.

kt

From: Kenneth Tilton on
Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <4c44933b$0$7594$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>,
> Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tim Streater wrote:
>> kids >> experience Algebra: http://teamalgebra.com/
>>
>> Define "standard".
>
> As provided by the host OS.
>
>> > 2) What's with all the keys with nothing on them in the typing
>> tutorial?
>> >
>> That's where I do raw HTML/CSS. :)
>>
>> The keys are rendered by HTML generated by jsMath. I have an
>> outstanding issue I hope to defer in re the positioning done by
>> jsMath, and if that is in play the keys are being rendered outside the
>> buttons. Or it could be something to do with you likely not having
>> jsMath fonts installed.
>
> Whatever they may be :-)

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/download/jsMath-fonts.html

Sposed to be faster/prettier with those installed.

I dragged them out of Mac Fonts folder, restarted, reset Safari, still
OK. I bet you are timing out waiting for the fallback image fonts. Just
now they all came up blank and a good 750ms later got filled in.

kt

From: David Mark on
On Jul 19, 1:41 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> >> It's kinda sad when someone of your supposed intellect and expertise
> >> tries a cheap shot like that. A moment of silence for your self-respect.
>
> > You are the one who labeled it a "train wreck", remember?  I'm just
> > pointing out the irony that you seem to have been emboldened by the
> > experience.
>
> Yeah, I did, in reference to the ongoing development on my end.

Yes. Seems appropriate.

> So it's
> a cheap shot to present that as qooxdoo being a problem, given that I
> was at the same time raving about qooxdoo (and linking to non-rave
> experiences with other JS libraries).

Except that it's been well-established that qooxdoo was the root of
your woes. Your "ravings" notwithstanding.
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 19, 1:41 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> David Mark wrote:
>>> You are the one who labeled it a "train wreck", remember? I'm just
>>> pointing out the irony that you seem to have been emboldened by the
>>> experience.
>> Yeah, I did, in reference to the ongoing development on my end.
>
> Yes. Seems appropriate.
>
>> So it's
>> a cheap shot to present that as qooxdoo being a problem, given that I
>> was at the same time raving about qooxdoo (and linking to non-rave
>> experiences with other JS libraries).
>
> Except that it's been well-established that qooxdoo was the root of
> your woes. Your "ravings" notwithstanding.

Well so much for giving people the benefit of the doubt. :)

I'll prove you wrong when I have my next release ready and need an
excuse to post again. Adding persistence now so kids can "level up" in
Algebra and save their work.

Here's the DB I am using: http://www.franz.com/agraph/allegrograph/

kt