From: hitesh on
Hi,
i am trying to use kdfile while developing my storport miniport
driver, but it is not updating the driver.
i used to try it on file system and it was working fine.
does anybody have any idea what could be the problem? or how it is
different for miniport driver?
thanks,
Hitesh
From: Don Burn on
Storport miniport drivers are boot start, and kdfile does not normally
work for boot start. There was an ntldr that did, but finding one and
matching the rest of the OS to it can be a challenge. For storport you
are best off assuming no kdfile support.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

From: Doron Holan [MSFT] on
if you enable boot debegging in winload, you can get kdfiles to work for
boot start drivers as well on win7