From: Joe Perches on
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 18:16 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Avoiding bisection-bustage is hardly a priority any more, but
> let's not break bisection this time if we can avoid it.

I think that kernel.h could use a lot more cleaning than this.

Separating it into multiple pieces is OK, but moving
stuff around to categorize it a bit better is also useful.
I've tried both ways.

Doing it all as one patchset / git commit would be best.

Here's a link to the last time I tried as a 14 patch block

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/67829/
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/16/77

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput on
Hello Dave,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Dave Young <hidave.darkstar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hexdump stuff in kernel.h should be put into a standalone head file
>
> cleanup hexdump declarations in kernel.h, put them into hexdump.h
> include hexdump.h in every file which need it

Can we include hexdump.h in kernel.h instead of including in every file.

Thanks,
--
Jaswinder
From: Alexey Dobriyan on
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Jaswinder Singh Rajput
<jaswinderlinux(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we include hexdump.h in kernel.h instead of including in every file.

Can we include everything in kernel.h?