From: Milton Aupperle on
In article <tph-A0113D.11074201022006(a)localhost>, Tom Harrington
<tph(a)pcisys.no.spam.dammit.net> wrote:

> > The window will list all the processes runing, how many threads, how
> > much Ram or VRAM used by each etc.
>
> However this doesn't show kernel_task either, unless it's currently
> using enough CPU time to be near the top of the list. "Activity
> Monitor" will show kernel_task, and is easiest to find if you either
> sort by process ID or else type "kernel" into the "filter" field.

Try re-sizing the Terminal window downwards and it will show up at the
bottom.

Milton Aupperle
From: Tom Harrington on
In article <010220061519360499%spam(a)mustdie.com>,
Milton Aupperle <spam(a)mustdie.com> wrote:

> In article <tph-A0113D.11074201022006(a)localhost>, Tom Harrington
> <tph(a)pcisys.no.spam.dammit.net> wrote:
>

> > > The window will list all the processes runing, how many threads, how
> > > much Ram or VRAM used by each etc.
> >
> > However this doesn't show kernel_task either, unless it's currently
> > using enough CPU time to be near the top of the list. "Activity
> > Monitor" will show kernel_task, and is easiest to find if you either
> > sort by process ID or else type "kernel" into the "filter" field.
>
> Try re-sizing the Terminal window downwards and it will show up at the
> bottom.

Maybe. If "top" sorts things so that it's visible, which will in turn
depend on what processes are using CPU at the moment. The tallest
Terminal window I can fit on my screen is 81 lines high, and kernel_task
isn't in "top -w" output in that window. But using Activity Monitor
it's always easy to find.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Version 2.0: Delocalize, Repair Permissions, lots more.