From: .Martin. on

Hi,
Today I upgraded the kernel in my slackware64-current from 32.5 to 33.3
and installed binary nvidia driver again. The problem is that the left
touchpad button started working in the most unexpected way. It tends to
close firefox tabs, sometimes (when clicked somewhere in firefox it
redirects firefox to the previous page and many other examples of weird
behaviour. In Konsole, when clicked, it pastes URL to some websites that
I visited a few minutes ago. It's a HP Pavilion tx1000 laptop. I've
never experienced anything like that on this laptop with slackware or
any other distro. I guess it's a question of the kernel, isn't it?

I did xorgsetup.
Relevant bits of my xorg.conf

,----

`----

,----

| Section "InputDevice"
|
| Identifier "Mouse1"
| Driver "mouse"
| Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
| # The mouse device. The device is normally set to /dev/mouse,
| Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
| # Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
| EndSection
`----

Thanks for your time.

--
regards

..Martin.
From: .Martin. on
xtd8865(a)gmail.com (.Martin.) writes:

> Hi,
> Today I upgraded the kernel in my slackware64-current from 32.5 to 33.3
> and installed binary nvidia driver again. The problem is that the left
> touchpad button started working in the most unexpected way. It tends to
> close firefox tabs, sometimes (when clicked somewhere in firefox it
> redirects firefox to the previous page and many other examples of weird
> behaviour. In Konsole, when clicked, it pastes URL to some websites that
> I visited a few minutes ago. It's a HP Pavilion tx1000 laptop. I've
> never experienced anything like that on this laptop with slackware or
> any other distro. I guess it's a question of the kernel, isn't it?
>
> I did xorgsetup.
> Relevant bits of my xorg.conf
>
> ,----
> | Section "ServerLayout"
> |
> | # The Identifier line must be present
> | # Each Screen line specifies a Screen section name, and optionally
> | # the relative position of other screens. The four names after
> | # primary screen name are the screens to the top, bottom, left and right
> | # of the primary screen. In this example, screen 2 is located to the
> | # right of screen 1.
> | # Each InputDevice line specifies an InputDevice section name and
> | # optionally some options to specify the way the device is to be
> | # used. Those options include "CorePointer", "CoreKeyboard" and
> | # "SendCoreEvents".
> | Identifier "Simple Layout"
> | Screen "Screen 1" 0 0
> | InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
> | InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
> | EndSection
> `----
>

> ,----
> |
> | Section "InputDevice"
> |
> | Identifier "Mouse1"
> | Driver "mouse"
> | Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
> | # The mouse device. The device is normally set to /dev/mouse,
> | Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> | # Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
> | EndSection
> `----
>
> Thanks for your time.

One more thing. This is an entry from /var/log/Xorg.0.log

,----
| (II) config/hal: Adding input device Macintosh mouse button emulation
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: always reports core events
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found 3 mouse buttons
| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found relative axes
| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found x and y relative axes
| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Configuring as mouse
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
| (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Macintosh mouse button emulation" (type: MOUSE)
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: (accel) acceleration profile 0
| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: initialized for relative axes.
| (II) config/hal: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad
| (II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
| (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
| (II) Module synaptics: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
| compiled for 1.7.5, module version = 1.2.2
| Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
| ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
| (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 1.2.2
| (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event9"
| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: x-axis range 1472 - 5472
| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: y-axis range 1408 - 4448
| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: pressure range 0 - 255
| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: finger width range 0 - 0
| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: buttons: left right double triple
| (**) Option "TapButton1" "1"
| (--) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found
| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: always reports core events
| (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" (type: TOUCHPAD)
| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) acceleration profile 0
| (--) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found
`----

Thanking you

--
regards

..Martin.
From: Grant on
On Thu, 06 May 2010 13:40:21 +0100, xtd8865(a)gmail.com (.Martin.) wrote:

>xtd8865(a)gmail.com (.Martin.) writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> Today I upgraded the kernel in my slackware64-current from 32.5 to 33.3
>> and installed binary nvidia driver again. The problem is that the left
>> touchpad button started working in the most unexpected way. It tends to
>> close firefox tabs, sometimes (when clicked somewhere in firefox it
>> redirects firefox to the previous page and many other examples of weird
>> behaviour. In Konsole, when clicked, it pastes URL to some websites that
>> I visited a few minutes ago. It's a HP Pavilion tx1000 laptop. I've
>> never experienced anything like that on this laptop with slackware or
>> any other distro. I guess it's a question of the kernel, isn't it?
>>
>> I did xorgsetup.
>> Relevant bits of my xorg.conf
>>
>> ,----
>> | Section "ServerLayout"
>> |
>> | # The Identifier line must be present
>> | # Each Screen line specifies a Screen section name, and optionally
>> | # the relative position of other screens. The four names after
>> | # primary screen name are the screens to the top, bottom, left and right
>> | # of the primary screen. In this example, screen 2 is located to the
>> | # right of screen 1.
>> | # Each InputDevice line specifies an InputDevice section name and
>> | # optionally some options to specify the way the device is to be
>> | # used. Those options include "CorePointer", "CoreKeyboard" and
>> | # "SendCoreEvents".
>> | Identifier "Simple Layout"
>> | Screen "Screen 1" 0 0
>> | InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
>> | InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
>> | EndSection
>> `----
>>

>> ,----
>> |
>> | Section "InputDevice"
>> |
>> | Identifier "Mouse1"
>> | Driver "mouse"
>> | Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
>> | # The mouse device. The device is normally set to /dev/mouse,
>> | Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
>> | # Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>> | EndSection
>> `----
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>
>One more thing. This is an entry from /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
>,----
>| (II) config/hal: Adding input device Macintosh mouse button emulation
>| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: always reports core events
>| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
>| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found 3 mouse buttons
>| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found relative axes
>| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found x and y relative axes
>| (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Configuring as mouse
>| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
>| (**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200

Try turning off the Mac stuff? That's recent in the kernel.

Grant.

--
http://bugs.id.au/
From: .Martin. on
Grant <omg(a)grrr.id.au> writes:

> [...]
>>| Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
>>| ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
>>| (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 1.2.2
>>| (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event9"
>>| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: x-axis range 1472 - 5472
>>| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: y-axis range 1408 - 4448
>>| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: pressure range 0 - 255
>>| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: finger width range 0 - 0
>>| (II) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: buttons: left right double triple
>>| (**) Option "TapButton1" "1"
>>| (--) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found
>>| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: always reports core events
>>| (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" (type: TOUCHPAD)
>>| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
>>| (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) acceleration profile 0
>>| (--) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found

Thanks.
How would I turn it off?
--
regards

..Martin.
From: Grant on
On Thu, 06 May 2010 23:38:59 +0100, xtd8865(a)gmail.com (.Martin.) wrote:

>Grant <omg(a)grrr.id.au> writes:

>>>One more thing. This is an entry from /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>>
>>>,----
>>
>> Try turning off the Mac stuff? That's recent in the kernel.
>>
>> Grant.

>>>`----
>>>
>>>Thanking you
>
>Thanks.
>How would I turn it off?

In make menuconfig, it's here:
.config - Linux Kernel v2.6.33.3 Configuration
+---------------------------- Device Drivers -----------------------------+
¦ Arrow keys navigate the menu. <Enter> selects submenus --->. ¦
¦ Highlighted letters are hotkeys. Pressing <Y> includes, <N> excludes, ¦
¦ <M> modularizes features. Press <Esc><Esc> to exit, <?> for Help, </> ¦
¦ for Search. Legend: [*] built-in [ ] excluded <M> module < > ¦
¦ +---------------------------------------------------------------------+ ¦
¦ ¦ Generic Driver Options ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ <M> Connector - unified userspace <-> kernelspace linker ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > Memory Technology Device (MTD) support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ <M> Parallel port support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ -*- Plug and Play support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [*] Block devices ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] Misc devices ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support (DEPRECATED) ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ SCSI device support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ <*> Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [*] Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM) ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] Fusion MPT device support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ IEEE 1394 (FireWire) support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > I2O device support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] Macintosh device drivers ---> <====<<<< ##### ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [*] Network device support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] ISDN support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > Telephony support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ Input device support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ Character devices ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ -*- I2C support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] SPI support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ PPS support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ [ ] GPIO Support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > Dallas's 1-wire support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ -*- Power supply class support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ < > Hardware Monitoring support ---> ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ {*} Generic Thermal sysfs driver ---> ¦ ¦
¦ <Select> < Exit > < Help > ¦

Grant.
--
http://bugs.id.au/