From: Norberto Bensa on
I'm sure that setting is there only to simplify the how to

El 03/08/2010 18:20, "Clark Johnston" <clarkhorse6(a)gmail.com> escribió:

*
*
ldap ssl = off

In the how to for setting up samba-ldap
http://www.howtoforge.com/centos-5.x-samba-domain-controller-with-ldap-backend-p2
*
*
the author writes that you need

ldap ssl = off*

*for samba 3.x

am I interpreting this incorrectly?
I interpreted 'ldap ssl = off' as being that the communication from the
samba server to ldap server was not encrypted or not using tls and has
nothing to do with the communication with client computers in the domain.
Is this a change in the 3.x versions which requires that you explicitly
state you are not using ssl/tls.
*
*
If you don't have that then you need the SSL certs fir the LDAP server on your samba box.
It's a lot easier to debug initially with it off...