From: helter skelter on
Hi,

I am testing some storage configuration (raw devices/SAN) using oracle
ORION tool.
But SOMETIMES I've got error:

waiting for async I/Os failed
Linux-x86_64 Error: 14: Bad address
Additional information: -1
Additional information: 1048576

I din't found any errors like that for this configuration (metalink,
google) I am using orion_x64 on RHEL5 x86_64 and I am wondering, what
version of libaio should be used by orion? x86 or x86_64?
I see it use x86, could it be a reasone for this error ?

thanks
From: DA Morgan on
helter skelter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing some storage configuration (raw devices/SAN) using oracle
> ORION tool.
> But SOMETIMES I've got error:
>
> waiting for async I/Os failed
> Linux-x86_64 Error: 14: Bad address
> Additional information: -1
> Additional information: 1048576
>
> I din't found any errors like that for this configuration (metalink,
> google) I am using orion_x64 on RHEL5 x86_64 and I am wondering, what
> version of libaio should be used by orion? x86 or x86_64?
> I see it use x86, could it be a reasone for this error ?
>
> thanks

The rpm is dependent upon your Oracle version that you didn't mention.
Look up the correct rpm version in the installation docs.
http://docs.oracle.com
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
From: Shakespeare on
helter skelter schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing some storage configuration (raw devices/SAN) using oracle
> ORION tool.
> But SOMETIMES I've got error:
>
> waiting for async I/Os failed
> Linux-x86_64 Error: 14: Bad address
> Additional information: -1
> Additional information: 1048576
>
> I din't found any errors like that for this configuration (metalink,
> google) I am using orion_x64 on RHEL5 x86_64 and I am wondering, what
> version of libaio should be used by orion? x86 or x86_64?
> I see it use x86, could it be a reasone for this error ?
>
> thanks

I've seen wrong settings for ld_library_path causing the wrong libraries
(32 bits vs 64 bits) being used.

Shakespeare