From: Volker Lendecke on
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:07:37PM -0400, Chris Smith wrote:
> For example If I ping a host that is registered in WINS and not in DNS I get:
>
> $ ping test
> Aborted

Can you try the patches from bug number 7202?

https://bugzilla.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=5511
https://bugzilla.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=5522

Thanks,

Volker
From: Chris Smith on
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke(a)sernet.de> wrote:
> Can you try the patches from bug number 7202?

Oops - meant to send to list.

Those patches resolve the problem.

Additional questions:
Could this (non-patched with wins in nsswitch.conf) have caused an
issue where nmbd became unresponsive (lost master browser status,
etc.)?
Does having wins in nsswitch.conf help samba's performance or is it
just a convenience for the user?
Pthreads or not pthreads - any preference?

Thanks,

Chris