From: mouss on
ram a �crit :
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 10:15 -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
>> On 5/10/2010 8:33 AM, ram wrote:
>>> Can I use somthing like lmtp_generic_maps for delivery to dovecot
>>>
>> Your question is incomplete.
>> What are you trying to accomplish? How does postfix deliver
>> to dovecot?
>

> I have a master.cf entry for delivery to dovecot.
>
> dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
> flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
> ${sender} -d ${recipient}
>

> The rules are very simple
>
> mails to *@local.example.com send to dovecot:[127.0.0.1]
> mails to *@otherlocation.example.com send to smtp:[otherlocation]
>

> But the users are created on dovecot as user(a)example.com.

what stops you from telling dovecot to accept mail for
user(a)local.example.com? for example, if using mysql, nothing stops you
from doing the mailbox resolution that does what you want. you can use
IDs to make local.example.com = example.com.

now, if you really can't, then dedicate a specific transport:

exacot ....
argv=.../deliver... ${sender} - d ${user}@example.com

but chances are this is a lot far from what you should be doing. stated
otherwise: you're creating artificial needs...