From: ram on
Can I use somthing like lmtp_generic_maps for delivery to dovecot

Thanks
Ram

From: Noel Jones on
On 5/10/2010 8:33 AM, ram wrote:
> Can I use somthing like lmtp_generic_maps for delivery to dovecot

Your question is incomplete.
What are you trying to accomplish? How does postfix deliver
to dovecot?

From: ram on

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 10:15 -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
> On 5/10/2010 8:33 AM, ram wrote:
> > Can I use somthing like lmtp_generic_maps for delivery to dovecot
> >

> Your question is incomplete.
> What are you trying to accomplish? How does postfix deliver
> to dovecot?

I have a master.cf entry for delivery to dovecot.

dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -d ${recipient}

The rules are very simple

mails to *@local.example.com send to dovecot:[127.0.0.1]
mails to *@otherlocation.example.com send to smtp:[otherlocation]

But the users are created on dovecot as user(a)example.com.
How can I configure postfix to send mails for *@local.example.com to
dovecot and strip off the "local."

I use lmtp_generic_maps for a similar thing in postfix+cyrus

Thanks
Derwyn.

From: Noel Jones on
On 5/11/2010 12:34 AM, ram wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 10:15 -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
>> On 5/10/2010 8:33 AM, ram wrote:
>>> Can I use somthing like lmtp_generic_maps for delivery to dovecot
>>>

>> Your question is incomplete.
>> What are you trying to accomplish? How does postfix deliver
>> to dovecot?
>

> I have a master.cf entry for delivery to dovecot.
>
> dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
> flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
> ${sender} -d ${recipient}
>

> The rules are very simple
>
> mails to *@local.example.com send to dovecot:[127.0.0.1]
> mails to *@otherlocation.example.com send to smtp:[otherlocation]
>

> But the users are created on dovecot as user(a)example.com.
> How can I configure postfix to send mails for *@local.example.com to
> dovecot and strip off the "local."
>
> I use lmtp_generic_maps for a similar thing in postfix+cyrus

Postfix doesn't have a pipe_generic_maps feature, so the only
way you can fix this in postfix is by delivering to another
postfix instance, and let that instance deliver to dovecot.

But dovecot is pretty flexible; maybe there's some way to
change the delivery destination on that end.

-- Noel Jones

From: ram on

> Postfix doesn't have a pipe_generic_maps feature, so the only
> way you can fix this in postfix is by delivering to another
> postfix instance, and let that instance deliver to dovecot.
>
> But dovecot is pretty flexible; maybe there's some way to
> change the delivery destination on that end.
>
> -- Noel Jones

Thats exactly what I looked for in the first place ...
I was hoping for a dovecot feature , but there doesnt seem to be one.

A "pipe_generic_maps" would be a really welcome feature, considering
that postfix does far more complex things this should be pretty simple.

Thanks
Ram