From: Wietse Venema on
Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org>:
>
> > See DEBUG_README for instructions to attach a non-interactive debugger.
> >
> > The only change in the SMTP client is the smtp_address_preference and
> > lmtp_address_preference parameters, which were tested only for SMTP.
>
> I was able to reproduce that on my installation with Stefan's help.
> Attached is the backtrace

I guess the fix would be:

*** ./smtp.c- Sat Mar 6 19:49:18 2010
--- ./smtp.c Mon Mar 22 10:14:55 2010
***************
*** 864,870 ****
state->request = request;
state->src = request->fp;
state->service = service;
! state->misc_flags = smtp_addr_pref;
SMTP_RCPT_INIT(state);

/*

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org>:

> I guess the fix would be:
>
> *** ./smtp.c- Sat Mar 6 19:49:18 2010
> --- ./smtp.c Mon Mar 22 10:14:55 2010
> ***************
> *** 864,870 ****
> state->request = request;
> state->src = request->fp;
> state->service = service;
> ! state->misc_flags = smtp_addr_pref;
> SMTP_RCPT_INIT(state);
>
> /*
> --- 864,870 ----
> state->request = request;
> state->src = request->fp;
> state->service = service;
> ! state->misc_flags |= smtp_addr_pref;
> SMTP_RCPT_INIT(state);
>
> /*

Confirmed. No more signal 6.
--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Stefan Foerster on
* Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org>:
> Ralf Hildebrandt:
> [ Charset UTF-8 unsupported, converting... ]
> > * Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org>:
> >
> > > See DEBUG_README for instructions to attach a non-interactive debugger.
> > >
> > > The only change in the SMTP client is the smtp_address_preference and
> > > lmtp_address_preference parameters, which were tested only for SMTP.
> >
> > I was able to reproduce that on my installation with Stefan's help.
> > Attached is the backtrace
>
> I guess the fix would be:

Works for me. Thanks.

Stefan