From: Olivia on
I don't think will solve the problem, I use excel's functions and formulas
all the time, but I am looking for something more advanced. There is not
always an dollar amount to entered into the cell.

I did try using the Data Validation, which gives me a warning or a pop up
box. I thinking I may need a macro of some sort.

Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> EXCEL 2007
>
> Try this:-
>
> 1. In Sheet1 cell A1 I enter, for example:-
>
> hello
>
> The above can be anything you like.
>
> 2. In Sheet2 cell a1 (or any cell of your choice) I type:-
>
> =Sheet1!A1
>
> This pulls in the word:-
>
> hello
>
> - from Sheet1 cell A1.
>
> Adapt the above to your needs.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Olivia" wrote:
>
> > I need some help to see if Excel will be able to accommodate a task I would
> > like to do. I have this tax payment worksheet in excel, what I would like to
> > happen is the following:
> >
> > if I enter data (dollar amount that is not equal to zero) in a certain
> > column, then excel would automatically populate or open an existing worksheet
> > or take me to another tab in the same worksheet, so that I am reminded to
> > fill out the same dollar amount in other spreadsheet.

Pages: 1
Prev: why this strange result with vlookup
Next: answer