From: Twayne on
In news:hnoim2$579$1(a)speranza.aioe.org,
LD55ZRA <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> "Greg Russell" <grussell(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>
>> You must be from the "deep south" ... your bigotry is
>> showing.
>
> Wrong again boy! Your assumptions are also seriously
> flawed. You do need to take extra special care before
> jumping to conclusions. You can get into trouble with that
> sort of attitude on these newsgroups.
> hth

He's right; it is showing, his assumptions are simply observations of your
own writings. Go lay down for a bit and rest.

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

From: Twayne on
In news:hnoiu0$5vi$1(a)speranza.aioe.org,
LD55ZRA <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> The Nirsoft program does not send any information
>> anywhere, you have spyware on your machine.
>
> Agreed. Also, some anti-virus programs classify WRONGLY
> such programs as trojans because of the way scripts are
> used to extract information from the registry. MagicJelly
> is another program falsely treated as trojan by Symantec.

Not here, at least by Norton's 2009 and 2010 versions. ANY AV however can
and does have a possibility of mis-judging what something may be. Also, the
reason for the misjudgement you gave is incorrect in most cases; but too
long to go into an explanation here. Better you should research it from the
horse's mouth.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Twayne on
In news:4BA01A42.6BACFAFC(a)discussions.microsoft.com,
LD55ZRA <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> HeyBub wrote:
>>

>> No. You can contact Microsoft, but they have no idea what
>> your key was.
>
> That is even more imperative to contact Microsoft because
> assuming the OP has a working System, then the Microsoft
> telephonist will ask the OP to launch Regedit and read out
> some characters from it from certain keys (I can't divulge
> these keys here for obvious reasons).
>
> hth

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! You cut that limb at a point between you and the
trunk! So how come you're making up stuff like this? Jeeeeeeezzzzz!

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Billns on
On 3/16/2010 8:35 PM, Bruce Chambers wrote:
> bluejuzt19 wrote:
>> pleas help, ive lost my xp cd key is there any wayi can contact
>> microsoft to get my cd keys
>

> The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
> installation) is not on the installation CD in any way, shape, or form.
> If it's a retail license, the Product Key is stored on the CD packaging
> on a bright orange sticker that says "Do not lose this number." If it
> was an OEM (factory installed) license, it's stored on a label that the
> PC manufacturer affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom
> of a laptop.
>
> To recover a lost Product Key:
>
> If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc Advisor from
> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the Product Key. (If
> you have a factory-installed OEM license, and haven't since reinstalled
> the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably of the drive image used at
> the factory and not your specific Product Key; therefore, it probably
> cannot be -- and definitely should not be -- used for a re-installation.)
>
> If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:
>
> How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246
>
> If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
> manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
> the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
> new license.

Thanks, Bruce, for nailing the answer after a raft of intermittent
drivel in this thread.

Bill
From: Bruce Chambers on
Billns wrote:

> Thanks, Bruce, for nailing the answer after a raft of intermittent
> drivel in this thread.
>
> Bill

You're welcome.

--