From: pcinformace pcinformace on
Ok, I resolved part

smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
Failed to change password for test1

by adding

interfaces = 192.168.1.201/24, eth2
bind interfaces only = Yes

to the smb.conf

now when I try to change password for user "user1" I am getting error

smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Unable to connect to SMB server on machine 127.0.0.1. Error was :
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
Failed to change password for test1

Interesting is I do not have anywhere defined ip address 127.0.0.1 in smb.conf

If someone knows what could help with above error, please write

Thank you and regards,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, pcinformace pcinformace
<pcinformace(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I have found some issue in samba packed with Debian.
>
> installed packages are
>
> dpkg -l | grep samba
>
> ii  samba                             2:3.2..5-4lenny7          a
> LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
> ii  samba-common               2:3.2.5-4lenny7          Samba common
> files used by both the server and the client
> ii  samba-doc                      2:3.2.5-4lenny7          Samba documentation
>

> I am using ldap backend to keep password and enabled ldap passwd sync
> in smb.conf.
>
> I can chnage password for user test1, when I am logged as root, but
> when I log as user "test1" to samba server
> and issue command
>
> smbpasswd
>
> I am getting constantly error
>

> smbpasswd
> Old SMB password:
> New SMB password:
> Retype new SMB password:
> machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
> Failed to change password for test1
>

> I can log in as user1 ( it is ldap user ) and change its password using passwd.
>
> Also I can change password
> for user1 when I am logged as root
> using : smbpasswd test1
>
>  when I chanege password as root for test1, change is propagated to ldap and
> I can use password for user " test1" changed with smpasswd to log in
> to server via ssh.
>
> Any hint is welcome, I really do not know what the problem is here.
>
> Thank you in advance for any comment

smbpassword defaults to localhost. Add it to your interfaces or use
smbpasswd -r <otherip>

Paul
--
ir Paul te Bokkel
Ingenieursbureau Te Bokkel

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:02 AM, pcinformace pcinformace <
pcinformace(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I resolved part
>
> smbpasswd
> Old SMB password:
> New SMB password:
> Retype new SMB password:
> machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
> Failed to change password for test1
>

> by adding
>
> interfaces = 192.168.1.201/24, eth2
> bind interfaces only = Yes
>
> to the smb.conf
>

> now when I try to change password for user "user1" I am getting error
>
> smbpasswd
> Old SMB password:
> New SMB password:
> Retype new SMB password:
> Unable to connect to SMB server on machine 127.0.0.1. Error was :
> NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
> Failed to change password for test1
>

> Interesting is I do not have anywhere defined ip address 127.0.0.1 in
> smb.conf
>

> If someone knows what could help with above error, please write
>
> Thank you and regards,
>

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, pcinformace pcinformace
> <pcinformace(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think I have found some issue in samba packed with Debian.
> >
> > installed packages are
> >
> > dpkg -l | grep samba
> >
> > ii samba 2:3.2.5-4lenny7 a
> > LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
> > ii samba-common 2:3.2.5-4lenny7 Samba common
> > files used by both the server and the client
> > ii samba-doc 2:3.2.5-4lenny7 Samba
> documentation
> >

> > I am using ldap backend to keep password and enabled ldap passwd sync
> > in smb.conf.
> >
> > I can chnage password for user test1, when I am logged as root, but
> > when I log as user "test1" to samba server
> > and issue command
> >
> > smbpasswd
> >
> > I am getting constantly error
> >

> > smbpasswd
> > Old SMB password:
> > New SMB password:
> > Retype new SMB password:
> > machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
> > NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
> > Failed to change password for test1
> >

> > I can log in as user1 ( it is ldap user ) and change its password using
> passwd.
> >
> > Also I can change password
> > for user1 when I am logged as root
> > using : smbpasswd test1
> >
> > when I chanege password as root for test1, change is propagated to ldap
> and
> > I can use password for user " test1" changed with smpasswd to log in
> > to server via ssh.
> >
> > Any hint is welcome, I really do not know what the problem is here.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any comment

thank you for comment, but still same problem

in smb.conf
interfaces = 192.168.1.201/24
bind interfaces only = Yes
obey pam restrictions = Yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://192.168.1.201
pam password change = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
unix password sync = Yes
syslog = 500
syslog only = Yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
ldap admin dn = cn =admin,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap group suffix = ou = Group
ldap passwd sync = Yes
ldap suffix = dc = domain,dc=com
ldap user suffix = ou =People
valid users = %S
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700

smbpasswd -r 192.168.1.201
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
machine 192.168.1.201 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was
: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
Failed to change password for test

Same happend in case I enter 127.0.0.1/8 or both 192.168.1.201/24,
127.0.0.1/8 in smb.conf

Thanks