From: joel on

I usally highlight the charqacters from a cell that has the data and
then do a Cntl-C. Then go to the From box in the replace window and
type CNTL-V. the box doesn't give you the option of paste but the
shortcut keys do. this way I don't have to remember all the machine
codes for the different characters.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: p45cal on

Alt-Enter is character 10
You can enter it into the *Replace with:* field by first ensuring that
numlock is set to *on* on your keyboard, then holding down the Alt key,
type:
0010
on the number pad, then letting go of the Alt key. You won't see much
but it should work.

;
7
2
9
8
5
5

:

Hey, fellow experts,

> I'm copying a Word chart into an Excel spreadsheet. In some of the
Word cells,
> there's a return. I went and did a search and replace in Word for ^p
and used a
> pipe (|) and then copied the table into Excel.
>
> Now in Excel I want to replace the | with a return in the cell, which
means an
> alt-enter. What is the search/replace machine code for an alt-enter so
I can do

--
p45cal

*p45cal*