From: venkat on
hi to all
can anybody solve the problem am facing. i have exchange 2003 configured.
outlook clients are confugured to connect excnage server to send receive
mails locally. some clients have additional emails accounts (internet mail
accouts ) will download mails directly from ISP to outlook.
the mails which the client received from ISP cannot be forwarded to any of
the local exchange mailboxes.
i dont want thease internet accounts to receive mails via exchange server
because they are mobile users and will access from outside. and this exchange
server is for local use only and not equipped for internet access.

how do i resolve this issue.

From: Martin Therkelsen on
Hi,

I am not sure what the question is. You say the accounts that have mails
from ISP can't have a account on the local mail server, so what is the
problem?

br.
Martin Therkelsen
MCP

From: venkat on
hi
in detail, i have configured outlook client to receive local mails through
exchange server and internet mails directly from isp. ie i have two accounts
exist in outlook. one is exchange accounts second is internet mail account. i
receive mail from exchange users and also mails from outsiders.
the problem is, the mails i received from outsiders ( example i received a
mail from xyz(a)hotmail.com) i cannot forward this mail to another exchange
user ( from the global address list, our domain is xyz.local)) within the
company

From: Martin Therkelsen on
Hi,

Are you able to use the GAL at all from these workstations?
Is the mail store on the exchange server or is it in a PST file?

br
Martin