From: richardw1972 on
I added a new user via Active Directory a couple of weeks ago, but his name
still doesn't appear in the Global Address List. He appears under "All
Users". He appears if I stop using Cached Exchange Mode, but disappears
again when I switch back to Cached Exchange Mode. I've tried Tools -
Send/Receive - Download Address Book, but it makes no difference.

When I try to manually rebuild the Offline OAL in ESM, I get the following
error (I had turned OLA Generator logging to maximum):

OALGen encountered an error ffffffff (internal ID 50303e2) while generating
address list '\Global Address List'. Check other logged events to see if this
is a serious error.

Any ideas gratefully received!
From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
Anything else in the event log? (if you bumped it to max there should be
other events logged... )

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

From: richardw1972 on
Sorry, forgot to add this one in:

OALGen encountered an error while generating the binpatch.oab file for
differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. Clients will
not be able to incrementally update to the new version of the offline address
list, they will perform a full download instead. This is normal if this is
the first time this offline address list has been generated. Check other
logged events to see if this is a serious error.

I assumed it wasn't serious because I had just asked it to rebuild.

From: D on
That is correct. If there were no OAB files present at the time then this is
normal and expected.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
Download OABInteg from here:
http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Download.aspx?SampleGuid=A2338E73-F521-4071-9B1D-AAF49C346ACD

From: richardw1972 on
Any idea why this might be happening then? I don't really want to have to
switch off caching, but nothing else works.