From: Danny on
Hi guys,

I am running Debian 5.4 with postfix 2.5.5-1.1, fetchmail 6.3.9rc2-4 and
procmail 3.22-16.

Now, before I upgraded to Debian 5.4 I had Debian 4.0 running the same postfix,
fetchmail & procmail setup(with different versions obviously).

Fetchmail got the mail, gave it to procmail via the ("mda formail -s procmail")
flag in my /etc/fetchmailrc file.

Everything was running just nicely.

So now I upgraded to Debian 5.4 and it seems like fetchmail is no longer calling
procmail. Fetchmail just dumps everything into the /var/spool/mail/fetchmail
file. It looks like it is bypassing the "mda" flag.

My .procmailrc file is fine I think.

So someone I know said that I should delete the following command in postfix's
main.cf file ....

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

.... but this does not change anything. Am I missing something here?

My /etc/fetchmail file is like this:
#####################################
set syslog
set postmaster "root"
set no bouncemail
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set spambounce

poll ###.###.###.###
proto pop3
user "username"
pass "password"
fetchall
expunge 50
mda "formail -s procmail"
####################################

The top of my /root/.procmailrc file looks like this:
###################################
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
MAILDIR=~/Mail
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT="all"
VERBOSE="on"
DEFAULT=~/Mail/inbox
#DEFAULT=/var/mail/fetchmail
PMDIR=$HOME=~/.procmail
#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spam.rc

I don't want to rewrite headers through formail or procmail. This is a home
setup, and fetchmail must just go get the mail and pass it to procmail.

Thank you in advance

Danny

From: /dev/rob0 on

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:16:31PM +0200, Danny wrote the first of a
series of rants, none worthy of quoting here.

I suggest you go back and reread my helpful reply. It contained some
useful advice and simple instructions for how to get real help with
the problem you originally posted about.

To the others on the list, I am sorry. I have no idea how I trigger
these responses. I really thought it was a helpful reply.

PS: Danny does not inspire much confidence in the aviation industry.
A bit of unsolicited personal advice to him: tone down the bragging.