From: Danny on
HI ,

I am well aware that postfix plays no part in the process I describe below, I
merely wanted to know if the mailbox_command would play a part in it. That is
why I gave you a little background (like normal) before I asked about the
mailbox_command. Do not asume that all first-time posters are idiots, in fact,
do not assume that anyone is an idiot.

The mailbox_command is a postfix command, that is why I posted it here. It is
part of the process of finding the fault. I just
wanted an opinion not a lecture. Not all of us sit around computers everyday,
some of us have a different dayjob than many on this list, just help us, don't
scold us.

But I apologise for posting such a simple query on the all mighty postfix
mailing-list. Maybe you should have a list called :
postfix-help-for-the-assumed-idiots(a)postfix.org.

Don't you think that "it must be a bug" is a bit superflous? No it is not, it is
the easiest way to send a first time poster on his way. It is obviuos that you
have better things to discuss on this mailing than answer simple questions. Why don't
you make this list an exclusive club for the initiated and seasoned postfix user
only?

Thank You

Danny

On Apr 22 10, /dev/rob0 :

From: Wietse Venema on
Danny:
> HI ,
>
> I am well aware that postfix plays no part in the process I describe below, I
> merely wanted to know if the mailbox_command would play a part in it. That is
> why I gave you a little background (like normal) before I asked about the
> mailbox_command. Do not asume that all first-time posters are idiots, in fact,
> do not assume that anyone is an idiot.

You need to show logfile evidence that Postfix is actually part of
your problem. I hope that is not too much to be asked.

Wietse