From: Erick Engelke on

I foolishly ran make delete-old-libs in /usr/src
now I get messages like:
Shared object "libm.so.4" not found, required by "joe"
whenever I run software. I tried makeworld and installworld but they
didn't restore these libraries.

How do I remake them?

Erick
From: Lowell Gilbert on
Erick Engelke <erick(a)engmail.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> I foolishly ran make delete-old-libs in /usr/src
> now I get messages like:
> Shared object "libm.so.4" not found, required by "joe"
> whenever I run software. I tried makeworld and installworld but they
> didn't restore these libraries.
>
> How do I remake them?

There are compatibility ports containing old libraries which will
install those libraries for you. However, it would be much better to
rebuild your ports so that they use the new versions of the libraries
instead.

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer
http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/