From: Ron Patterson on
Just lost hard drive and rebuilding. Previously when I had a Power Point
attachment in an email - i could double click on it and Power Point would
run it. Now I have to drag and drop it to a Power Point icon. How can I
make it like it was?

From: Jaime on
When you say your are rebuilding, have you completely reinstall the OS and
PP (or Office) or copying from a disk image/backup?

If you are just using a backup of some sort, you may need to reinstall
Office, to get all the reg settings correct. Normally, PP should be
associated so the attachment runs.

Does, your mail client have any security settings about not automatically
running attachments?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

From: Ron Patterson on
I lost my hard drive. I have installed Win XP on a new hard drive and
installed Office with only Excel and Word. I do not want Power Point but
just the Power Point Viewer.

So I installed Power Point Viewer and an have icon on my desk top.
Previously when I received an email (Outlook Express) with a .pps file
attached, I would just click on the file and could view it immediately in
Power Point. Now I have to drag and drop the .pps file to the Power Point
Viewer icon.

How can I make it automatic like it used to be?

Thanks
Ron