From: Sooraj S on
Hi,

I have a perl program which uses an expect script to login to a remote
machine. Since the expect script contains the password, it would be
good to make it an executable out of it. Pls help me on this.
From: Arjen Markus on
On 6 jul, 15:58, Sooraj S <soorajspadmanab...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a perl program which uses an expect script to login to a remote
> machine. Since the expect script contains the password, it would be
> good to make it an executable out of it. Pls help me on this.

This expect script is using the Tcl bindings to Expect or the Perl
bindings?
In the first case, you may be interested in the "lirobf" utility
(http://wiki.tcl.tk/26466). It can obfuscate your Tcl/Expect code
beyond
recognition and it still is executable. It makes a handsome single
file
(using the starkit/starpack technology).

If, however, you are using the Perl bindings, this utility is probably
not of
much use and I can not advise you.

Regards,

Arjen
From: Sooraj S on
On Jul 6, 7:08 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 jul, 15:58, Sooraj S <soorajspadmanab...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a perl program which uses an expect script to login to a remote
> > machine. Since the expect script contains the password, it would be
> > good to make it an executable out of it. Pls help me on this.
>
> This expect script is using the Tcl bindings to Expect or the Perl
> bindings?
> In the first case, you may be interested in the "lirobf" utility
> (http://wiki.tcl.tk/26466). It can obfuscate your Tcl/Expect code
> beyond
> recognition and it still is executable. It makes a handsome single
> file
> (using the starkit/starpack technology).
>
> If, however, you are using the Perl bindings, this utility is probably
> not of
> much use and I can not advise you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

Can i use this "lirobf" the same way as "perlcc" in perl ?

From: Arjen Markus on
On 6 jul, 16:14, Sooraj S <soorajspadmanab...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 6, 7:08 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 6 jul, 15:58, Sooraj S <soorajspadmanab...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have a perl program which uses an expect script to login to a remote
> > > machine. Since the expect script contains the password, it would be
> > > good to make it an executable out of it. Pls help me on this.
>
> > This expect script is using the Tcl bindings to Expect or the Perl
> > bindings?
> > In the first case, you may be interested in the "lirobf" utility
> > (http://wiki.tcl.tk/26466). It can obfuscate your Tcl/Expect code
> > beyond
> > recognition and it still is executable. It makes a handsome single
> > file
> > (using the starkit/starpack technology).
>
> > If, however, you are using the Perl bindings, this utility is probably
> > not of
> > much use and I can not advise you.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Arjen
>
> Can i use this "lirobf" the same way as "perlcc" in perl ?- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I am not familiar with perlcc, but starkits and starpacks are
described
extensively on the Wiki and the specific information on lriobf is
given
here: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=www.lr-i.com/LRIOBF.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
(this is the English version).

Basically:
- The source of your application gets installed in a directory like
app.vfs
- You wrap this directory into a starkit or starpack (with the normal
utilities the source code could be retrieved again, but with lriobf
you would get the obfuscated code)
- This leads (in particular with starpacks) to a single executable
that runs your application.
- No need for installing something, just copy it to the directory
of your choice. (Similarly with de-installing).

Regards,

Arjen