From: hitesh on
hi all,
i am trying to find the max buffer size a storport miniport can
transfer.
as per my understanding in ATA driver it is max upto 128KB but not
sure about storport.

is it 16 MB max?
what are the parameters which will affect the max data transfers size
in storport?

is it true that in PORT_CONFIGURATION_INFO data structure, number of
physical breaks and max transfer size decides the maximum data
transfer length from port driver?

please reply,

thanks,
Hitesh
From: eagersh on
On Aug 3, 12:09 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> i am trying to find the max buffer size a storport miniport can
> transfer.
> as per my understanding in ATA driver it is max upto 128KB but not
> sure about storport.
>
> is it 16 MB max?
> what are the parameters which will affect the max data transfers size
> in storport?
>
> is it true that in PORT_CONFIGURATION_INFO data structure, number of
> physical breaks and max transfer size decides the maximum data
> transfer length from port driver?
>
> please reply,
>
> thanks,
> Hitesh

NumberOfPhysicalBreaks indicates hardware not StorPort capabilities.
Put the maximum number of items in chained list, which used for SG
operation, of your hardware. MaximumTransferLength should be equal
NumberOfPhysicalBreaks*4K.

Igor Sharovar