From: johncaleb on
Need to merge A1 with B1.
Critical to retain the format of each cell.
A1 has text that is Left Justified. [JOHN ]
B1 has text that is Right Justified.[ SMITH]

Need the merged cell to retain each format. ie. [JOHN SMITH]

I know I cannot use the CONCATENAT function with the spaces, because the
text in B1 needs to be Right-Justified.

Is there another option?
please help.

thanks.
From: dlw on
you cannot format one cell to be both right and left justified
instead of merging the cells, you have to concatenate them in a third cell

From: johncaleb on
Can I concatenate them in a third cell along with a formula to justify the
second column excactly no space from the right?

see below:
what i have:
[john ][ smith]
[sam ][ williams]
[antwane][ carlson]

what i need to show in each cell:
[john smith]
[sam williams]
[antwane carlson]

if i concatenate, i get the below which is not what i want:
[john smith ]
[sam williams ]
[antwane carlson ]

can i put another formula in to justify all last names to the right?

Please help
thx