From: ThanksButNo on
I'm new to configuring disk mirroring. We have a pair of disks that
are mirrored SERIAL, and we're considering changing them to PARALLEL.
Read the "metaparam" man page. BUT -- can I run the command on a live
system?

Or does it need to be single-user with the disk unmounted? Or does the
system need to be reboot afterwards?

I'd appreciate any help in the matter.

From: Tim Bradshaw on
On Feb 21, 12:50 am, "ThanksButNo" <no.no.tha...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to configuring disk mirroring. We have a pair of disks that
> are mirrored SERIAL, and we're considering changing them to PARALLEL.
> Read the "metaparam" man page. BUT -- can I run the command on a live
> system?

Yes.

From: ThanksButNo on
On Feb 21, 5:15 am, "Tim Bradshaw" <tfb+goo...(a)tfeb.org> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 12:50 am, "ThanksButNo" <no.no.tha...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm new to configuring disk mirroring. We have a pair of disks that
> > are mirrored SERIAL, and we're considering changing them to PARALLEL.
> > Read the "metaparam" man page. BUT -- can I run the command on a live
> > system?
>
> Yes.

THANKS!

Pages: 1