From: slywlf on

My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:

--
slywlf

From: TaurArian on
"slywlf" <slywlf.44ys1p(a)no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message

> My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
> update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
> the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
> almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
> running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
> I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:
>

> --
> slywlf

Is the update installed now?

From: slywlf on

I let it run overnight, but as of now - 8:23 AM - it is still running. I
have to assume something is not working. I'm going to break the
operation and reboot.:(

--
slywlf

From: Benoit_H on
Same here. Indeed, runs, not crash. Unknown if the installation completed.
Rebooting suggest a batch file has not completed.