From: Neil Rutman on
Don't know anyone who works for $3 an hour (in this country).

Neil R

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "Neil Rutman" <neilrut(a)speakeasy.net> grabbed the
controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Unfortunately, I don't. Sorry.
>
> > Don't know anyone who works for $3 an hour (in this country).
>
> Some pickers do . . . Uh, fruit pickers that is. ;)

Any of 'em play drums?

Poly

From: jeffl on
I totally understand if people are too busy to record a drum midi file.
FWIW-many of the new songs are on a click or are programmed-meaning they are
wayy easier to copy/program or play. I just did the file for Theory of A
Dead Man's Bad Girlfriend---Never knew anything about the band--the song was
on my break music and I noticed everyone was digging it every night so I
thought I better learn it just to have some current hard rock in the
arsenal. If I had a kit with triggers I probably could have nailed it in 15
minutes-and I'm not a good drummer. I was surprised the track was an exact
135bpm-I put it on a grid and just loop each section until I have it and
then tap it in-took me about an hour. Putting the track thru Superior 2-it
sounds nearly identical to the hit track except my cymbals sound better.

Still willing to pay for drum tracks. I'd bump it up to $20/song or trade
guitar tracks/recording.

Thanks again!
Jeff

From: John Braner on

> Still willing to pay for drum tracks. I'd bump it up to $20/song or
> trade guitar tracks/recording.

I'd be surprised if anybody's gonna do something like that for $20. They might do it for free
because they like you, or they're just generally a nice guy - but for $20, I don't think so. (unless
you could knock it off in 5 mins)

Me, I'm a guitarist too, so I can't help anyway ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: jeffl on

> I'd be surprised if anybody's gonna do something like that for $20.
-Agreed. Like you said, if there was some enthusiast that had the extra
time--but unlikely anyone on a pro level would have the time. Never hurts
to ask!

Thanks again.

> jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
> http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner