From: webacity on
Hi
I developed CAL material using AW7. Willit comply with the spce outlined below
thanks
Jon

"Computing Requirements

Specifications for a computer capable of running the software supplied are
given below.

Processor: Pentium, 90MHz (Pentium 2 class)

OS: Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 or later (Windows XP)

RAM Memory: 32MB (64MB).

Hard disk space: 88MB

(Postgraduate Diploma), 185MB (MSc); 6MB is the minimum if the sessions are
read from the CD.

Graphics: 256 colours (minimum), 65536

colours or higher (recommended).

Resolution: 640 x 480 or higher.

The computer will need to be fitted with a CD-ROM drive and attached to either
a laser or inkjet printer. E-mail access is essential, web access is
recommended (at least occasional web access for file download). Please note:
The study material CDROMs do not work on Macs."

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
Really? A 90mhz computer? That and the rest of the specs read like what
we were dealing with over a decade ago! Wow.
There's no way their getting Windows XP to run on such a minimum spec.
Windows 2000...maybe. 64mb of RAM? Ouch. 32mb RAM with Windows 2000, no way.

Anyway, an Authorware project *can* work on such a spec but what really
determines how well completely depends on the content within your
Authorware application.

If it's just native Authorware text, some audio, some simple BMP
images...sure, it could work fine.

Don't try to integrate Flash sprites, ActiveX controls, anything beyond
very simple, Authorware-native animations, etc...especially if being
delivered off an old 32x-ish CD drive.

You'll also want to try to optimize your CD layout - keeping the .exe
and any media files as close to the inner-rim of the CD as possible...
....if any CD mastering tools even offer that option anymore.

Overall, keep it simple and you should be ok. For more reading pleasure:
http://www.awaretips.net/hardware.php
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: Dave C on
Will Authorware run on my Babbage Analytical engine? ;-)

From: Steve Howard **Community Expert** - eLearning + Mobile and Devices on

> There's no way their getting Windows XP to run on such a minimum spec.
> Windows 2000...maybe. 64mb of RAM? Ouch. 32mb RAM with Windows 2000, no
> way.

I tried running Windows 2000 on a Pentium 120 with 32 Mb RAM one time, in
about 2000/2001. Bad idea. Ran veeeeery slow.

Are these real specs of the actual machines people are using? Or are they
dusty old specs they've used for years and never updated? Pentium 90 is so
last century, and was old and slow in 1996!

Steve

From: webacity on
Thanks for the feedback
Yes, they are dusty old specs they've used for years and never updated.
I've now recommeded new min specs in light of what you've said.

cheers
Jon