From: Delbert on
I have a spreadsheet that I would like to add up my minutes. So I have one
column that has 4:20 and the next column that has 4:40, how do I get the next
column to add up the minutes (15 minutes)?

Thank you
--
mlenno
From: Bob I on
Add up what minutes? You seem to have 20 minutes after 4 o'clock in one
column and 40 minutes after 4 o'clock in the other. Just what "minutes"
are you wanting to add, and how did you come up with 15?

From: Jim Thomlinson on
Not sure if 4:20 is 4 min 20 sec or 4 hrs 20 min but in either case create a
regular addition formula such as =A2 + B2 referencing the time cells. Now
change the format of the cell with the formula to a custom format of [m]:ss
The square brackets will keep the formula from incrmenting into hours after
60 minutes has been reached.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Delbert" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that I would like to add up my minutes. So I have one
> column that has 4:20 and the next column that has 4:40, how do I get the next
> column to add up the minutes (15 minutes)?
>
> Thank you
> --
> mlenno

Pages: 1