From: Vinz on
Hey everyone,

I'm new to programming C++. I'm a Delphi developper (have been for 7 years)
and I recently bought Visual Studio to do some exploring at home. I would
like to write a program that synchronizes my Windows Mobile phone with
Outlook Express 6. I wanted to do this in C# first but I found sources to
communicate with Outlook Express for use with C++ (msoeapi.h and mimeole.h)
and I never figured out how to do this in C#.

So now I'm left with a -working- demo program (including code) that can
actually do what I want. But when I start my own, new VC++ project (win32 or
CLR - .net) and I include those header files I still can't use them. I get
the following error "Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_StoreNamespace IStore Console.obj ".

What exactly does this mean and does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks for reading sofar,

Vinz.

From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
Vinz wrote:
> So now I'm left with a -working- demo program (including code) that
> can actually do what I want. But when I start my own, new VC++
> project (win32 or CLR - .net) and I include those header files I
> still can't use them. I get the following error
> "Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _CLSID_StoreNamespace IStore Console.obj ".
>
> What exactly does this mean and does anyone know how to solve this?

Is that the exact error message? I think the final "Console.obj" is not
part of it...

Anyhow, it means that there was this object (IStore, some COM part, I
think) declared but not defined. Since you have the example working, look
at its settings: not only the compiler settings but also the linker
settings (look for additional libraries) and any settings in general,
maybe that gives some insight.

In general, if you need help with COM/ActiveX I'd suggest a win32-related
group though or maybe one of the microsoft.* hierarchy. Questions
particular to non-standard libraries are considered off-topic here.

cheers

Uli

--
FAQ: http://ma.rtij.nl/acllc-c++.FAQ.html
From: Vinz on
Thanks very much for your reply. I do indeed believe that the "Console.obj"
is not part of the error now that I think of it (I have no time to look
because I have to go to work now).

I will have a look for additional libraries.

Thanks for your time,

Vinz.

"Ulrich Eckhardt" <doomster(a)knuut.de> wrote in message
> Vinz wrote:
>> So now I'm left with a -working- demo program (including code) that
>> can actually do what I want. But when I start my own, new VC++
>> project (win32 or CLR - .net) and I include those header files I
>> still can't use them. I get the following error
>> "Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> _CLSID_StoreNamespace IStore Console.obj ".
>>
>> What exactly does this mean and does anyone know how to solve this?
>
> Is that the exact error message? I think the final "Console.obj" is not
> part of it...
>
> Anyhow, it means that there was this object (IStore, some COM part, I
> think) declared but not defined. Since you have the example working, look
> at its settings: not only the compiler settings but also the linker
> settings (look for additional libraries) and any settings in general,
> maybe that gives some insight.
>
> In general, if you need help with COM/ActiveX I'd suggest a win32-related
> group though or maybe one of the microsoft.* hierarchy. Questions
> particular to non-standard libraries are considered off-topic here.
>
> cheers
>
> Uli
>
> --
> FAQ: http://ma.rtij.nl/acllc-c++.FAQ.html