From: Nitesh on
I am trying to load a EDK design in modelsim for simulation.I can
successfully compile the files but when I try to simulate the project,
I get the following error.

# ** Warning: (vsim-3479) Time unit 'ps' is less than the simulator
resolution (1ns).
# Time: 0 ns Iteration: 0 Region:
/system/ppc405_0/ppc405_0_ppc405_i
/home/simulation_library/simtemp/unisim.ppc405_swift_bus(ppc405_swift_bus_v)
/home/simulation_library/simtemp/unisim.ppc405_swift(smartmodel)
# ** Error: Failed to find LMC SmartModel libswift entry in project
file.
# ** Fatal: Foreign module requested halt.
# Time: 0 ns Iteration: 0 Instance:
/system/ppc405_0/ppc405_0_ppc405_i/ippc405_swift/ppc405_swift_inst
File:
/home/Xilinx/smartmodel/lin/wrappers/mtivhdl/smartmodel_wrappers.vhd
# FATAL ERROR while loading design
# Error loading design

I have followed the Xilinx website answer links and followed the steps
exactly.
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?getPagePath=14019&BV_SessionID=@@@@2016379493.1126544090@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgaddfilefmdjcefeceihdffhdfkf.0
I can run the command
vsim unisim.ppc405
successfully. But when I try to simulate any other project from EDK I
get the above mentioned error.

From: Sean Durkin on
Nitesh wrote:
> ** Warning: (vsim-3479) Time unit 'ps' is less than the simulator
> resolution (1ns). # Time: 0 ns Iteration: 0 Region:

> I have followed the Xilinx website answer links and followed the
> steps exactly.
Your simulator resolution is NOT set to 1ps as the instructions say in
step 1, and the libswift.dll-entry is obviuosly missing (step 4). So
either you did not follow the steps exactly, or something else is wrong.

What file did you edit? Remember that changes in the modelsim.ini in the
modelsim-directory don't affect projects created earlier. In the *.MPF
(I think) of every project, the entire set of settings valid upon
creation of the project is saved. If you change your modelsim.ini, the
different settings do not apply if you load an older project. So what
you really have to do is edit the MPF of your project.

cu,
Sean
From: Nitesh on
Thanks sean.
I had to edit the mpf file since the project file was created before
the changes to the modelsim.ini were made.It worked.
Nitesh

Pages: 1
Prev: CPLD Jitter
Next: Xilinx Spartan-3