From: ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM on
I recently upgraded my kernel to linux-2.4.33.2. Everything seems to
have compiled and installed
correctly, except for a few modprobe messages at bootup.

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth5
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth6
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth7
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth8
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth9

It appears that both my eth0 and eth1 interfaces are loaded with the
appropriate drives and work correctly, but for some reason modprobe
gives the above messages.

The box is running Mandrake 8.1.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary

From: Robert Hull on
On Friday 15 September 2006 11:36, ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM(a)yahoo.com
<ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM(a)yahoo.com> wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:

> The box is running Mandrake 8.1.
Why?
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act
From: Justin on

ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> I recently upgraded my kernel to linux-2.4.33.2. Everything seems to
> have compiled and installed
> correctly, except for a few modprobe messages at bootup.
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth5
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth6
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth7
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth8
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth9
>
> It appears that both my eth0 and eth1 interfaces are loaded with the
> appropriate drives and work correctly, but for some reason modprobe
> gives the above messages.

Do you actually have any interfaces above eth1? Have you checked your
modprobe.conf file to see if you're trying to enable non-existent
devices?