From: Patrick Serru on
Hi everybody,

I am using Open 10.3 with KDE 3.5.10 on an x86_64 system. I want to
use the function "http_post_data()" from module "pecl_http" (in a script
called from shell, which could be an important detail...). And did not
succed!

Is Open Suse repertories organised such a way that standard
installation as read on the web (in the http://www.php.net/manual/ pages)
does not work ?

I allready gaveup in the past with an other module, that I just wanted
to evaluate (gtk2). But now, it hangs!

> cd /home/me/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3/ext
> pecl download pecl_http
this gives a /home/me/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3/ext/pecl_http-1.7.0.tar file
(uncompresssed) extraction with xml file inside, then:
> cd /home/me/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3
> rm configure
> ./buildconf --force
> ./configure --with-pecl_http
> make
# make install

(I did not see problem...)Then I try to execute a file containing:

#!/usr/bin/php --interactive
<? /** bla-bla */

$resp=http_post_data(
... );

and the result is:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function http_post_data()
in /home/me/Developpements/Mes_scripts_php/essais_post_2_site.php on line
88

The computer is personnal and for local developement, which means that
the module could be installed as part of PHP (cli |& cgi) or as dynamicaly
loadable module...

Thank for the time spent reading my mail
Patrick

NB I dont know since which try I got this mesage, at startup:

« Unable to load dynamic
library '/usr/lib64/php5/extensions/pecl_http.so' - /usr/lib64/php5/extensions/pecl_http.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on
line 0 »
From: "=?utf-8?B?YXNoQGFzaGxleXNoZXJpZGFuLmNvLnVr?=" on
Suse uses yast2 iirc, which you can use to list and install php modules. Search for 'php' in yast software manager module.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Patrick Serru on
Le jeudi 23 septembre 2010, ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk a écrit :
> Suse uses yast2 iirc, which you can use to list and install php modules.
> Search for 'php' in yast software manager module.
--------------
Thanks Ash,

I id'nt find any "iirc" software / module... I relatively well know
yast2 (since yast [SüSE 6.x]!). Are you sure about this "iirc" or is it
a "souvenir". I would like some sowtware to tell me the currently PHP
installed modules!

I really dont know where to look. The generated make file is so easy
to read! I need to know how PHP installs it self. Usualy, the processes
discripted in a software documentation for installation / modification work
with open suse, but here... I am ready to reinstall all but this is risky:
I would like apache to continue running correctly!

Patrick
From: "=?utf-8?B?YXNoQGFzaGxleXNoZXJpZGFuLmNvLnVr?=" on
Iirc isn't the module to look for, it means "if I remember correctly"!

Search for php and you should see the various available modules.

From: Patrick Serru on
Hello everybody,

I removed all the Yast modules related to PHP and rebuilt:

me(a)pat:~/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3> rm configure
me(a)pat:~/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3> ./buildconf --force
Forcing buildconf
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.61 (ok)
buildconf: Your version of autoconf likely contains buggy cache code.
Running vcsclean for you.
To avoid this, install autoconf-2.13.
Can't figure out your VCS, not cleaning.
rebuilding configure
rebuilding main/php_config.h.in
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader: [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see
the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
me(a)pat:~/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3> make
me(a)pat:.../php-5.3.3 # make install

me(a)pat:~/bin/PHP/php-5.3.3> php --version
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Sep 16 2010 23:44:47)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

CLI works but after restarting apache2, FireFox asks me what to do with
the ".php" file...

Is there someone here in that list that ever succed installing in a
Linux box an extra PHP module (please tell the distribution and the
processor type too)

I am near suicide...
Patrick