From: Noel Rico Tecson on

Hi Mike,

> but as a last resort you could easily
> write some VB code to insert a low level keyboard and
> mouse hook and get the
> hook code to perform whatever action you require when the
> mouse and keyboard
> are inactive for any specified period. That would be
> fairly easy to write.

Can you please give me links to find this code. or give me some example.

Thanks,

Noel

From: Dee Earley on
On 06/05/2010 19:10, Noel Rico Tecson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there an API in VB6 that can know if your computer is idle for more
> than say 30 miutes, It means to say the operator did not hit the
> keyboard or move the mouse for some time.
>
> My main purpose of this is I made a Sign In/Out from there office
> computer. But many of us forget to sign out in the afternoon before
> going home. So I want to add in my routine (resident program) to check
> if the computer is in idle after 5:00 pm. If it's idle for more than 30
> minutes then the program will signout/logout that person automatically.

Isn't this what the screensaver does?
It can lock it so any work is not lost.

Note that if the user didn't log out, chances are that stuff is left
open that can not be blindly closed.
Even the automated reboot for Windows Update is annoying for shutting
down stuff I have open.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team