From: gliderman on
Hi

I have a modem using the ttyS0 serial port. This port is used by a java
application X. I would like to log the data on /dev/ttyS0 when
everything is running (modem and java application). So I tried interceptty
which is a program that can sit between a serial port and an
application, recording any communications between the application and
the device.

####> /interceptty -o test.log /dev/ttyS0 /dev/toto &
####> stty -F /dev/toto cs8 -cstopb -parenb crtscts ispeed 115200 ospeed
115200

####>tail -f test.log | ./interceptty-nicedump

the link /dev/toto to a pseudotty is created and is set in the java
application.

My problem is that the java application can not open /dev/toto

[root(a)dockserver19 interceptty-0.6]# ls -l /dev/toto
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 10 10:51 /dev/toto -> /dev/pts/3

Thanks for any advice
Cheers

G.
From: Rainer Weikusat on
gliderman <gliderman(a)none> writes:
> ####>tail -f test.log | ./interceptty-nicedump
>
> the link /dev/toto to a pseudotty is created and is set in the java
> application.
>
> My problem is that the java application can not open /dev/toto
>
> [root(a)dockserver19 interceptty-0.6]# ls -l /dev/toto
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 10 10:51 /dev/toto -> /dev/pts/3

Additionally posting why (ie which error) the Java application could
not open the pty would be necessary to enable anything except wild
guesses. The wild guess would be 'Are you perhaps trying to open a
lone pty-slave?'.

Pages: 1
Prev: libresolv
Next: libevent or libev